Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

What? There's a Sophomore Prom?

As I was staring into space in my AP US History class today, I heard my classmates talk about prom. A senior in my class ask the girls next to me if they were going to prom, and they said no. The problem is, the girls next to me are sophomores. I was curious whether or not our school had a prom for sophomores.

There is a prom for sophomores? I thought it was only for the juniors and seniors?!?


Apparently, there indeed is a prom for sophomores at my school. Maybe I'm wrong, but they say there is.

For me, I don't want to go. I don't want to spend the money and I really hate going to the school's social events. Another factor is I would have no one to go with. The people I would consider going with aren't going. I probably would be the only one there alone. Besides, why do sophomores need a prom? Gosh! I'd rather be home studying!

The truth is, I really dislike these types of events. There is so much money put into this! The people planning the prom and the people attending. How much does a girl spend on prom? I know many of them buy (or I hear rent?) a dress, do there hair, nails, makeup, and whatever! Maybe its just me, but I don't care about what I look like. Don't get me wrong, I do care about what I look like but I don't take 2 to 3 hours to get ready. Maybe I just don't get it.


(I saw at least 10-12 of these on Saturday)

Lots of people rent limos. My siblings and I have a tradition or "calling" limos or "slug bugs" as they come past us. We have to name the type of car, the color, the license plate state, and sometimes the car maker. My younger sister says, "No punch backs!" which I have no idea what that means. Isn't it neat to go in a limo. (Unless you ride in one all the time, then it probably gets boring). I'm used to the black and white limos. Nowadays I see Pink limos. My youngest sister gets so jealous! :D

Sometimes I do feel like I'm missing out on something, but other times I wished I would move on in high school. It is just 4 years. Yes, it is one of our last years before heading off on our own, but isn't school mostly about learning? Maybe it was how I was raised... School is for learning, not for unrelated activities. (Its probably due to the lack of outgoing friends who want to do everything.) I don't know, I wished they had more education opportunities!

Anyway, how does prom work at your school? Are you going this year?

(Like my sister said in this one video!) Peace, love, and happiness!

Meghan! :D

1 comment:

  1. Cool. High school really isn't complete without prom. You know, its really nifty to get to walk in that course most people go through, and find all these avenues and areas you can explore, based on past traditions and moments. And sophomore proms feel like a great segue, if I may say so myself. What better way to arrive at the prom but by riding a limousine! It's not everyday you get to make a grand entrance, and we should take advantage of every chance we get.

    RDP Chauffeurs

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts.... ^_^